Mass State Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning has a qualified and experienced team of fully licensed and insured plumbers and HVAC technicians to install and repair boilers in South Shore. Every job is important to us, from minor repairs to new boiler installations, and our technicians treat your repair or installation with the quality workmanship, attention to detail, and reliable service it deserves.
A boiler is a forced hot water heating system, unlike a furnace which is a forced air system. South Shore boilers are among the most efficient ways to keep your home warm in the winter. The excellent efficiency and the long lifespan of about 30 years make a boiler a solid investment for decades of reliable home heating.
The time has come for a new boiler when yours is:
- 30 years old or older
- Not working due to a cracked heat exchanger
- Needing frequent or costly repairs
- You want to upgrade for better efficiency
Replacing an old boiler offers significant advantages for comfort and efficiency. Today’s boilers have vastly improved designs and improved energy efficiency. Your new boiler system can be customized to your home with zones controlled by different thermostats to give you greater control over your home environment.
Boilers are reliable and durable, so they tend to require less frequent repairs and maintenance compared to other types of heating systems. However, nothing is perfect and problems can arise with boilers from time to time. Often, repairs can be reduced and performance improved with regular maintenance. Whether your boiler needs repairs or maintenance, this is complex equipment that requires an experienced and qualified technician.
Some of the most common boiler repairs include:
- No heat – If your boiler isn’t getting hot at all, the problem could be a broken pump, safety switch, or thermostat.
- Leaking – A drip or leak can be caused by corrosion, a pump, or pressure relief valve. Depending on the problem, the boiler may need to be repaired or replaced.
- Kettling – Mineral buildup inside the boiler can result in kettling. When this happens, you will notice loud rumbling or banging noises coming from the boiler.
- Pilot light issues – Boilers can have electric ignitions or pilot lights. If your boiler has a pilot light that keeps going out or you can’t get it lit, call for repairs.
When the time comes for replacement, there are gas, oil, and electric boilers available to work with your preferred fuel type. The fuel supplies power to the boiler to heat the water, which is then used to distribute heat throughout the home through radiators, baseboards, or in floor heating systems. Your contractor can help you find a high-quality boiler in your preferred fuel type in the size needed to reliably warm your home.
Free Estimates for New Boilers
If you are ready to install a new boiler in your home, we can walk you through the options to compare boilers in South Shore and provide a free estimate for your installation. Our technicians have extensive experience and product knowledge to deliver reliable service for all your boiler repair and installation needs.
Reach out to us today at (888) 217-4889 to set up an appointment for boiler repair or get a free quote for a new boiler.
15+ Years of Experience
Family Owned & Operated
Service With Integrity